Monday, March 6, 2017

Park Models but No Swap Meet

No famous Yuma Swap Meet today.  Closed on Monday and Tuesday.  Oh, well.  Probably would have found junk to buy that we didn't need or really want. But, we did find a huge RV parts junk store up the road from us. Everything you would ever want for your RV - the place was full of Chinese knock-off RV parts.  It was fun to wander through it and I did buy some collapsable storage bowls. 

After seeing so many parks in this area with park models in them we decided today to look at park models just for fun. We've seen them in other parks around the west as well - mostly in Arizona.  There's a CAVCO dealer a few miles away and they had about 10 different single wide models, two double-wides and a weird single and a half model.  Very interesting and fun to go through. Fortunately there were no pushy sales people and we just wandered around and through the models - all basically the same with slight floor plan and decor color variations.  We don't see one in our future quite yet.

We had lunch out and satisfied my sugar/chocolate cravings with a dessert - brownie with ice cream.  I should be good for a while now, I hope.

We spent the afternoon discussing our next move and what's next for us.  We now have reservations in Florence, AZ on Wednesday for a week.  It's a co-op park which means the sites are "owned" by the community and are leased by individuals. We got a special rate for a week by agreeing to listen to a sales pitch.  What got our attention was that it is out in the Sonoran Desert and the sites are very large.  We spent hours this afternoon talking about "what if we like it?"  Will keep you posted on that. Their website: www.desertgardensrvpark.com   

We have friends in nearby Casa Grande and we are anxious to visit with them while we are in the area next week.  

The clubhouse here in this park has a small library and I went down there yesterday to exchange some books we have read for any I might find of interest.  While I was in there I noticed two humungous quilts hanging on the walls but I didn't get a close look as there were lots of people in the room playing some weird peg board game called "Aggravation."   From where I standing, though, the quilts were very impressive.  I went back today to get photos of them to post.  Two women were sitting in the room working on a community jigsaw puzzle when I walked in and I inquired about the quilts.  Was it a community project? If not, did one person do them?  How long did it take?  Etc., Etc. The response - "Oh, management bought them a couple of years ago from Walmart."  I went over to get a closer look at them - sure enough - made in China - tags still on them.  I didn't take photos.  

Tomorrow we plan on going to Historic Downtown Yuma for lunch and to a Farmer's Market.  We did this the last time we were here and had a great pizza, bought some small prints in an art gallery, and bought a shirt at the market.  So, maybe tomorrow I can find something to spend my allowance on.   

Still watching the winter weather at home and we are in no particular hurry to get back to it.  

Cool today and breezy - it never made 70 degrees.  Sunshine and 80 predicted for tomorrow, though.  


Miss Maggie likes the yarn in the new blanket I'm making.  She probably thinks it is for her.  Is it soft and warm!







No comments:

Post a Comment