Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Most Peaceful Day

Maggie and I walked around the park today - twice.  Rog went up to the fitness center to ride the bike (his has a flat) and do some weights.  Rog dumped tanks.  Other than that we sat under our awning and enjoyed the view while reading.  We did have to chase Maggs a couple of times.  She's now bolting when we open the door to go out.  She's after those critters.  We have to leash her before we go outside.  Hope she gets over it soon.

Today we turned the A/C on after lunch and didn't go anywhere. Maggie did have a little freaking out minute.  I really think it is the fan and noise (it is VERY NOISY) of the A/C that's getting to her.  The last few days we've turned it on as we left for errands so maybe she is also associating it with us leaving.   She spent the afternoon outside with us watching the open areas and stayed calm.  She never napped, though, but kept a watchful eye on the desert.  

It was relaxing and peaceful today.  I told Roger that it was the first day in a very long time I felt totally relaxed.  It did feel good.  

I ordered a book from Amazon about the flora and fauna of the Arizona Sonoran Desert so I'll know what I'm seeing. Unfortunately, I had to ship to home (timing and no USPS delivery here) but I'll have it with me in the Fall.  This morning I spotted a bird I had never seen and had to come back and look it up. I did get a picture of one later this evening I think it is the same kind as I had a fuzzygraph of yesterday or the day before.

Sunshine and 85 today.  A wee bit cooler than yesterday.

Tomorrow we take care of the final business of the purchase - I hope.  It'll be a busy day.  

More pictures from this evening's walk about:



A view from the back of the RV
Cholla Cactus

Phainopepla
A silky flycatcher
How do you pronounce it?

A friend along the path. The seashells
don't exactly fit in, but it's kinda cool!
Maggie wasn't sure what to make of it.
The well groomed path.

Cactus wren
The bottle/can tree, again.










No comments:

Post a Comment