Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I Have a Much Better Appreciation for Stained Glass Art

Stained glass art lesson number two was all about putting the foil edges around the individual pieces.  I have four pieces of glass in my project and it took me two full hours to put the edging on. Tedious and exacting would be my description of what we did today.  My new friend, Lona, says she's going to finish the lesson on Friday but doubts very seriously if she will do any more next season.  The jury is out for me.  It's fascinating and I see others' beautiful work, but, I don't know.  Is it for me? I've got all summer to think about it.   

The temperatures today were much cooler - low 80s.  We did not turn on the AC!!!   Yay!!!  It was uncomfortable at times inside, but outside in the shade it was very nice.  The wind was not as awful as predicted, but it was a bit breezy.  Rain is forecast for tonight and we could see clouds building up west of us as the sun set.  Tomorrow we are expecting a high of 68. What a change from earlier in the week.


The desert is in bloom.


We had one of the shed contractors stop by today.  It was a bit weird.  We told him what we wanted and then he told us what we really wanted.  It was a bit bizarre.  His quotes are decent, so we will keep him in mind for next November.  

We went into town to one of the few restaurants there - a Mexican establishment that everyone says is great.  Maybe if you eat meat, but for vegetarians, not so much.  The meal was less than optimal.  Their version of a vegetarian taco is shredded lettuce, some tomato, and guacamole. Won't be going back.  

Maggie did well with our absence tonight.  No signs of her manic behavior when we returned.  Then again, the AC was not on. She spent most of the day outside watching for critters behind our RV.  

No comments:

Post a Comment