Sunday, April 1, 2018

Mixed Feelings With Two Days To Go

Happy Bunny Day!
(My friend, Lona, does beautiful crochet work!)

Another  week has passed since I posted last.  We have been having very warm weather and lots of wind, so we haven't been able to be outside a whole lot.  This has made us more anxious to move on and is helping us motivate our thoughts toward home.  We do like it down here, but we are ready for a change of scenery.  


We had lunch on Tuesday with our friends, the Morlans, in Casa Grande and then Roger patiently waited in the truck while I searched the Kohl's clearance racks with 30% off coupon in hand.  As I suspected they had winter stuff on clearance, which is what I as looking for.  Found a pair of jeans and two long sleeved shirts for when we get home.

Thursday we went out for pizza lunch with Lona and Lert.  This time we actually got some good pizza.  The last place we tried was awful.  

Today was groceries - got just enough to get us home - and the bill still was over $100.  I just shake my head every time we go.  How do families afford to feed their kids?  Granted we are buying fresh produce and mostly organic stuff, but still.  I was a bit upset today, though - no berries.  I'm a berry freak.  I looked at melons, but they didn't look very ripe yet.  I can never pick good ones anyway.  I settled for bananas, grapes, and canned peaches for breakfast fruit.  As always, apples and oranges for lunch fruit.   

We are seeing more and more flowers and signs of spring, but when we get home we will get to experience it all over again!  Unfortunately none of the blooms are on our plants, but they do seem to be doing OK and maybe next year they will be old enough to flower.  Still no word from the landscaper as to an install date.  Lert and Lona will be putting their rig on our site when we leave so that they can get a cement pad poured for theirs for next year.  They will be here another week after we leave, so they have agreed to water the plants for us if the landscaper dude doesn't show up.  

Maggie even helps look for 
flowers.  She just doesn't seem to understand that those things are prickly!   She is still stuffing her nose down holes everywhere.  Today she encountered a spider web and it startled her.  She must have jumped back a foot and then slowly creeped back up to the hole.  I keep telling her she is going to be in for a surprise one of these times - and maybe not a pleasant one.  I do try to keep her on the path and away from them, but I do have a tendency to be running my mouth in conversation and not pay attention to what she is doing.  

We have been getting out to walk before it gets too hot and then we wait until just before sunset for our evening walk.  Today will be two days with the AC on in the afternoon - set at 80 - to make it bearable to make dinner.  It really isn't fun in the heat, so I guess it is time to pack up. 

Of course the post office is being annoying as usual.  I put in a change of address and we haven't received confirmation yet.  We paid for our PO box in March last year, so I have been trying for the last two weeks to pay for the next year.  They won't take my money because it isn't showing up in the computer yet that it's due.  "You'll get a notice in your mailbox."  But my mail is being forwarded.  "Have you gotten a confirmation on that?"  No.   "Just wait until you get a notice."  Why can't I do it on line?  I've done that in the past with my PO box at home.  The system won't let me link this box to my account.  "I don't know - I don't use that system."   So, tomorrow, hopefully, we will show up in their computer and we can pay for the stupid box before we leave.   

There is talk by the co-op board of directors here of installing mailboxes at the front of the park but the Phoenix PO hasn't approved it and the membership still has to vote on it as it will entail a special assessment to pay for the cluster boxes.  Only about 3/4 of the membership want mail delivered here - the others don't care.  So, we shall see.  

I've made reservations for our overnights on the way home, Rog fueled up the truck this morning, so we are prepping.  We still need to put away all the outside furniture and do a good cleaning job inside.  Maggie needs a bath while it is warm, so we will be busy the next couple of days.  








In the meantime, Maggie says, "hi."
She can't wait to get home and get that harness off.   





1 comment:

  1. I think Maggie and Sherpa are the same - Sherp had an unexpected visit to the vet this morning. Cat v spider. spider wins - cat ends up with a fat lower lip and a shot in the butt to counter act the spider bite

    ReplyDelete