Monday, March 26, 2018

A Woman Possessed

After five months of whining about the inconvenience of where the pots/pans and lids are stored I finally did something about it today.  They have been in a small bottom cupboard next to the stove.  Sounds convenient, but they have been hard to get in and out being down so far.  It's a big empty space and we have just tossed the pans in there - no semblance of order. My back doesn't like retrieving things from that low.  I'm not supposed to bend over to get them out, but if I squat or kneel, then I can't get back up easily.  Well, this morning I had to dig something out of there and that was the tipping point.  So, like a woman possessed, I sat down on the floor and pulled them all out.  Now, where to put them???  I started shifting stuff in drawers and cupboards.  The domino effect takes place once you remove something from one and have to find a place to put things.  Somehow I even ended up in the bottom of the bedroom closet rearranging stuff - oh, yes, there was a little shelf down there I thought would fit in the former pan space, but didn't. But that put everything in the bottom of the closet was out of kilter because I pulled out the shelf.  The rearranging kept me busy for an hour or so!  

One of our rebate checks for the phones showed up today!!  Yay!!  Fingers crossed the other isn't far behind.  It's been eight weeks since we submitted the forms - which is when they are supposed to arrive.  Our mail will be stopped here at the end of the week to begin forwarding to home, and knowing the post office, it could end up anywhere. 

Maggie's been "working" on her right rear paw this evening.  We couldn't find anything wrong, but her toenails are getting quite long.  Maybe she was just chewing them.  We do have a vet appointment soon after we get home and nail clipping is on the agenda.

I got an email today from someone in Germany who wants to connect regarding geneology.  I replied that we would be home in a few weeks and I'll be back on my websites and will get back with him.  He's mentioned a name in an ancestor line of mine that I have hit a brick wall on. I sure hope he has some info for me so I can move on.   Usually when someone contacts me I'm the one giving the info instead of getting it.  I hope this time it's reversed.

I have a couple of photos of cactus in bloom to post but can't seem to get them to come in from my phone.  I'll work on it and see if I can get them pulled in tomorrow.  The desert is really looking like spring time.   Today it was a high of 70 and we had high winds again.  Sun was in and out.  

Tomorrow we go into Casa Grande to have lunch with our friends the Morlans.  I've got a 30% off coupon for Kohls and they are having their winter clearance.  I'm going to need to stop and check if there's anything I need for when I get home and it's still chilly.

The sun is setting and we are having another gorgeous Arizona sunset.  

No comments:

Post a Comment